A Payments Innovation Forum Research Report - January 2024
Our latest study of the UK payments landscape examines the intricate web of payment preferences and attitudes among UK residents.
Within this tapestry, we find compelling themes:
- An evolving payment landscape, especially influenced by new technology and the digital-native generation
- A belief in the inexorable march towards a cashless society, intertwined with cash's enduring strength
- Lingering concerns about data security
- Limited awareness of the environmental impact of payment choices
- The pivotal roles of age and income in shaping behaviours towards the adoption of emerging payment methods
Towards a Seamless Transition
Our ultimate goal with this report is to explore how best to pave the way for a seamless transition to our increasingly cashless society, bringing all sections of society along for the journey.