Last updated: February 2023
Terms and Conditions of PIF Membership
1.1. "PIF", "we", "our" and "us means Payments Innovation Forum Limited, a private company, limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with company registration number 05955151 and whose registered office is at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
1.2. "You" and "your" means the organisation applying to become a PIF member.
2. Application to be a PIF member
2.1. All applications for PIF membership are subject to approval by the PIF Board of Directors.
2.2. All information provided by you to PIF must be true and accurate when an application for PIF membership is made.
2.3. The individual applying on your behalf to be a PIF member must be authorised by you to do so.
2.4. PIF reserves the right to refuse your application to be a PIF member.
3. Membership, Membership Payments and Membership Renewals
3.1. PIF membership is a rolling agreement which will automatically renew upon our membership year renewal date. You will receive a renewal notice either just before or upon the anniversary of PIF's membership year which is currently 1st January.
3.2. If you join as a new member after 1st January, your membership fee will be pro-rated accordingly, including the month of joining.
3.3. Payment of the PIF membership fee must be made upon receipt of the invoice issued by PIF to you. If payment is not received within 30 days of the date shown on the invoice PIF reserves the right to suspend your PIF membership, which may include removal of any reference to you as a PIF member on all PIF material, and suspend provision of PIF membership benefits until payment is received from you.
3.4. PIF membership is non-transferable and once paid PIF membership fees are non-refundable.
4. Terminating PIF Membership
4.1. If you wish to terminate your membership you must inform PIF of your intention to do so at least three (3) months before the renewal date which is currently 1st January each year. This notice must be provided directly to PIF in writing.
4.2. Once the renewal of your membership has occurred, it is still possible to terminate your membership with immediate effect but any or all membership fees paid are non-refundable.
4.2. PIF reserves the right to terminate your PIF membership or prevent you from renewing it if:
- you misuse the PIF membership benefits, such as allowing another organisation who is not a PIF member to use the membership benefits;
- you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- in the reasonable opinion of the PIF Board of Directors, you have (i) acted in a manner which has or is likely to have a serious adverse effect on PIF or bring any or all of PIF members into disrepute, and/or (ii) acted or threatened to act in a manner that is contrary to the interests of PIF as a whole, and,
- information that it is publicly available or has been brought to our attention regarding you and/or your activities is, in the reasonable opinion of the PIF Board of Directors, likely to have or may have a serious adverse effect on PIF, its objectives, or is contrary to the interests of PIF, or it has or there is a risk it will bring any or all of PIF members into disrepute.
5. Our Obligations to You
5.1. PIF shall provide you with a range of membership benefits including but not limited to:
- Free of charge entry to all PIF meetings and events which facilitate networking and the exchange of sector knowledge
- Access to the resources and/or output of all PIF working groups and sub-groups thereof
- Access to regular updates and/or assessments of industry developments
- Opportunities to speak and/or present at all PIF meetings and events
- Opportunities to participate in PIF campaigns and lobbying activities
5.2. PIF shall use all reasonable endeavours to meet any delivery or performance dates specified but any such dates shall be estimates only.
6. Your Obligations to PIF
6.1 You agree to cooperate with PIF in all matters relating to your PIF membership and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions as may be amended from time to time.
6.2. You agree to provide PIF with such information as PIF may reasonably require in order to provide the PIF membership benefits to you and you agree to ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material aspects.
7. The PIF Brand
7.1. You are not permitted to use the PIF name and/or logo and/or refer to your status as a PIF member unless we have granted you permission to do so. If you have been granted permission to use the PIF name and/or logo and/or refer to your status as a PIF member you must do so within the PIF brand guidelines. We reserve the right to approve how our name, logo and/or reference to PIF membership is used by you.
8. Data Protection
9. Force Majeure
9.1. Neither PIF nor you will be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our respective obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond your or our control.
10. Variation to Terms and Conditions
10.1. PIF reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions (i) if necessary to comply with an applicable law or regulatory requirement, or (ii) so they reflect PIF's role and objectives, and PIF shall notify you in any such event.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
11.1 These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
11.2. Each party agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.