Last updated: November 2023
In these Terms, “we”, “our” and “us” means Payments Innovation Forum (registration number 05955151 ) of 86-90 Paul Street, EC2A 4NE, “you” and “your” means any natural or legal person who uses the Website and each entity on whose behalf they act.
- We do not charge you to access the Website. However, you may incur charges by your Internet Service Provider when accessing the Website. You shall be liable for all charges that your Internet Service Provider charges you for providing you with their service.
- You acknowledge that transmissions via the Website may present some risks inherent to any internet communications and that you accept such risks by communicating with us over the internet. Although our privacy and security features are designed to reduce these risks, we cannot guarantee their elimination. It is your responsibility to ensure that your systems comply with industry best practice.
- The information and materials found or offered on the Website is made available for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
- The Website may contain links to third party websites and to other resources (“Linked Sites”). We do not control, sponsor, endorse, approve or accept any responsibility for anything appearing in the Linked Sites nor for any content, goods or services available through them. We make no representations about any Linked Sites you may access through the Website whatsoever and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused to you by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any Linked Sites.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain in accuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
- Certain sections and pages of the Website, including some publications for download, require you to register or login using your username and password. If registration is requested, you agree to provide complete and accurate information. It is your responsibility to ensure that nobody, except you, uses your name/username and password to enter the sections of the Website which require them.
- The Website contains material which is owned or licensed to us, including but not limited to the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice which forms part of these Terms.
Misuse of the Website
- You may not misuse the Website in any manner including but not limited to: you must not reproduce our name, domain name or the Website appearance or reproduce part or all of our proprietary information to send content online, via email or any form of digital communication.
- You shall not present yourself as a representative of us or mislead the public by presenting yourself as connected to us in any manner or use the Website in any way to send unsolicited e-mail or any information or material for marketing or publicity purposes.
- You warrant and undertake that you will not use the Website in a manner that would bring us, our organisation and/or business into disrepute, or obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the password protected area of the Website.
- We expressly forbid the use of the Website to transmit or post any material: (a) that is unlawful or would infringe the rights of any person, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person; (b) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe any third party’s rights; (c) which is technically harmful including but not limited to corrupted data, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful or malicious software, data or components. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Terms and conditions.
Suspension and Termination of Service
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Website including but not limited to changes or corrections.
- We reserve the right to suspend, alter, remove or discontinue any aspect of the Website, and your access to it, at any time without notice.
- We shall not be liable if this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, and all of our officers, employees and agents harmless from any actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us in respect of any claim brought by any third party arising in respect of these Terms and/or the Site and/or the information provided to you and/or your use or misuse of the Site.
Content you submit to us
- You must ensure that any content you provide to us does not infringe copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trademark or any other rights of any third party, and is not obscene, abusive, threatening, libellous or defamatory of any person; and
- You must ensure that the content does not advertise or otherwise solicit for either funds or goods or services.
- We have the right to monitor all content and may edit, reject or remove content if we believe it does not comply with the above and, in particular, we reserve the right to block incoming e-mails and other content if we believe that their content is or may be inappropriate or otherwise does not comply with the above.
- You have sole responsibility for the content which you submit to us and you shall indemnify and shall keep us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of content submitted by you to us.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time and you will be notified of the same by our posting of such Terms on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any changes have been made or posted to the Website will be considered acceptance by you of any changes. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary any new features including new content, our provision of new services, or resources shall be subject to these Terms. You should therefore refer to these Terms on a regular basis to ensure the Terms that apply at that time are understood.
- You also acknowledge that no transmission via the Website shall be deemed confidential and that we shall not be liable for any breach of confidence arising as a result of such event.
Reliance on Information
- You acknowledge that information and publications made available on the Website are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal or any other professional advice. We therefore disclaim all liability for any reliance you place on such information or publications.
- You should independently verify all Information provided on the Website prior to your use of such information. We may change, update or correct any such information at any time without notice.
Limitations of Liability
- Save for where mentioned otherwise in these Terms, we exclude all other express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever in regard to the Website or any Information provided through the Website.
- Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all content, materials and Information published on the Website are accurate, all content, materials and Information on the Website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. As such, you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the content, materials and informaion. We cannot, and do not, accept any responsibility or liability for any inaccurate information published on the Website.
- We accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business (whether direct or indirect) in each case, however caused, even if foreseeable. In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Website we accept no liability for this loss or damage (except where we have been negligent) whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on our part or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.